Thursday, March 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom

I miss my Mom. She passed away almost 5 years ago and like most deaths it was so unexpected and so hard to believe that she was gone.
Today would have been her 67th Birthday. She was a great woman and for as dysfunctional as I think our family was sometimes, Mom was the glue that held it all together.
Fortunately the last 5 years or so of her life I was in a position with my life and the changes that I was going through that she and I were able to have more time together in those 5 years than most of the previous 15 or so. That doesn't mean it was easy, but looking back on it, I am thankful that we had that time to be closer.
The sadness that fills my heart sometimes comes from knowing she's not here, physically, to be a part of our lives. But I also know that she'd be (or is) proud of all of her kids and the things that are going on in our crazy lives. With me being a new Grandfather as of last July and my sister being a new Grandmother as of December, I think my Mom would have been a fantastic Great Grandma to the new additions in our family.
I am grateful that she got to know my new wife Lori and that Lori got to know her. Mom taught me how to love and respect others and she also taught me that Mom's are always there, no matter what. I miss her but I know I am a better man because of her love.
Happy Birthday Mom......

2 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

*Raising a cuppa tea* in honour of your mum today..... I would make it wine but its only 5.07pm and Ive got a house full of minded nippers......

Glad you got to have good lasting memories of your mum.... you are a very fortunate blokie....

So CHEERS Keiths mum.... you did a great job with ya son and family.....

x

Go Figure said...

Yes you are fortunate Keith.

I am around on the HBO site under a pseudo. A couple of comments were made that I was "marketing" on the site so I chose to go underground. Once in a while, if I feel a comment needs a real name to it, I will post mine. Most of the time I am just trying to have a little fun. Too bad because I was actually having some fun with Schmidt Beer and the Complaint Corner.

Best regards.