Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The 1st post

Until right now I have been a blog-post virgin! This the 1st post I have done on my blog and I have no agenda other than to just see where it goes. I chose the name Road King Ramblings because I own a Harley Davidson Road King Classic and enjoy riding it whenever I can. I figure I'll use some of the rides I venture out on as subjects for posting here.

Spring is getting closer everyday and now with the time change springing us ahead an hour, it is nice to have the extra daylight. I usually get home from work around 5-5:30Pm so the extra light gives me a chance to take the dogs for a walk without it being dark and to do something productive besides sit and watch the evening news or surf the net until Lori finishes up working. It will be nice when the warm weather is here to stay and it becomes time to tend the yard/flowers and sit out on the deck/patio into the evening.

A long awaited vacation trip to Manzanillo, Mexico is on the horizon for us in a little over a week and before that I get to see my Granddaughter Alaina (oh yeah, her parents too! My son Kolby and his wife Emily). They live in LA while my son is studying for his PhD at UCLA. I have not seen her since September last year and she has grown a bunch! Lori saw her a couple of weeks ago when she was down in LA for a class and got to spend the night with the kids.....

We got a webcam not long ago and we get to see her that way quite often. She is such a cute little baby girl and her parents are very tech savy so I'm sure it won't be long before she is using a computer herself!

Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought I could sit at a computer in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho and look at my screen and see/hear my son's family live in Los Angeles..... Seems like something right out the Jetsons!

3 comments:

Go Figure said...

Keith,
Great looking Blog! Congratulations in making the jump to hyperspace! Starr Kelso

MarmiteToasty said...

Hey - Welcome to the Blob world ;) - my blob is not quite 3 weeks old, so Im a newbie to... and have no clue as to what Im doing.... :) mine is just Twaddle yours look likes it gonna be real good..

I like what you have done with your place.... I'll be back...... but just wanted to say good luck :) - yeah Im the foreign one on the Dingleberries, but Dave sort of likes me there, I think lol

slater x

Keith said...

Thanks Starr and Marmite....I appreciate the feedback and hope future posts are found to be interesting...Starr, I haven't seen much of you on HBO lately and hope all is well...Marmite you are a hoot! I love your posts....Keith