Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Sturgis Report

Well, even though it was almost a month ago I still have fun memories of my 1st road trip to The Sturgis Black Hills Motorcycle Rally.
While I had the chance to spend a couple of nights in Sturgis, I have to admit that the journey to and from the destination was way more to my liking than the actual time spent at the destination itself.
Don't get me wrong, I am proud to say I have been there (and actually rode 24oo miles round trip there and back), but now that I have been there, I'll have a new destination in front of my Harley next summer giving way the old "Been there, done that" saying.
While there was plenty to see, clearly the people watching was the most enjoyable thing we did while actually there. There were lot's of people, male and female, that were dressed/acting wild and crazy but I have to be honest, in the town of Sturgis itself, the local law enforcement keeps things pretty tame. There is no public nudity allowed, and while some women walked around in chaps with short short shots, spankies or thongs underneath them, the larger percentage of them should have know better than to subject the rest of us to the train wreck they looked like! What were they thinking!
From what we heard, the really wild things happen in the campgrounds surrounding Sturgis as they are private property. The wild and crazy stuff most people hear happens in Sturgis actaully happens more openly in those spots than in Sturgis itself.

But I did see this :
And this:
Both of these young ladies were working in the bars as bartenders/servers and, thankfully, they could pull off what they were wearing, unlike some of the women on the street.

I did happen to get pictures of some Harley Butts as well. In fact without any type of tracking system, I kept having to guess which states I had not photographed yet and in the end, with the exception of Hawaii and Alaska, I only missed two states from the remaining lower 48( Delaware and South Carolina). You can see those here:

Sturgis Rally Harley Butts

Then there were also a few foreign Harley Butts there too:

Foreign Butts

But we all know Sturgis is all about motorcycles! And here are some shots of a few that I liked:



The bikes of Sturgis 2007

1 comment:

Go Figure said...

Thanks for the post. It was worth the wait.