Monday, July 09, 2007

Airplane Farts

Since when is it okay to break wind on a crowded airplane? I can't believe that people have the guts to do that and subject fellow passengers to their rudeness.
I (actually my wife and I) fly maybe 3-4 times a year, pretty consistently for the past 6 or 7 years. It seems to me that in the last couple of years, and especially in the last 6-9 months that there is a class of people who don't care about subjecting others to the rotten smell of a "silent but deadly" F-A-R-T in the enclosed confines of a jet airplane flying over 400 mph at 32,ooo feet.. I mean c'mon now people, where have our manners gone?
We flew to Mexico this past March and my wife and I did not have seats near each other. I was stuck in the middle seat between a couple of college guys heading down for a bit of spring break. It wasn't long before my eyes were watering and the smell was making me think I was flying in an airborne Honey Bucket.
I finally told these two young guys, "Look fellas, I'm not not sure which one of you is thinking you're getting away with cutting the cheese but one of you needs to go check your drawers and flush out your digestive system!. Of course neither of them would admit it but I had my suspicions.
Last night my wife and I were on our way back from California and as we were waiting to get off the plane once we were on the ground in Seattle, as everyone was getting up to unload, a lovely aroma attacked the rows we were in and clearly we were not the only ones who were coughing and had watery eyes.
What a bunch of inconsiderate pigs we have turned into....at least use the restroom or exit the plane....

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hi! I'm a lurker coming out to say hello! I love your blog and your take on life!

I'm from North Idaho as well and you can find my newly created blog at www.lovemeactually.blogspot.com

Feel free to stop in and say hello!